Crazy to think I’ve only been blogging properly for under a week yet I’ve been nominated twice. Huge thanks to LivsLifeStyle and ShyBeautyBlogger for the nominations! You should go check out there blogs, you’ll really enjoy them. I know I certainly do.
This award is for those who put in a great deal of time and effort into their blog and deserve to be noticed.
So, I’ll answer both sets of questions I was asked then I’ll set my own 11 questions for 5 bloggers that I think deserve this award.
- Why did you start blogging?
I alway read fashion/beauty blogs and watch countless channels on Youtube and so I decided I wanted to give it a go myself. For years I’ve put it off through lack of confidence in the content I could deliver but finally this week I decided it was time to throw myself into it
2. Whats your favourite post?
My favourite post so far would probably be my Anastasia Contour review. I think these palettes are great and I was thrilled with the response it got.
3. What piece of makeup/clothing can you not live without?
I could not live without my Collection Lasting Perfection concealer. My skin becomes patchy and irritated after showering so this really helps me get rid of the redness on my face.
4. Who’s your favourite actor?
My favourite actor would probably be Leonardo DiCaprio. He can throw himself into any role and excel.
5. Why do you love blogging?
I enjoy blogging because I can escape from the real world for a few hours. My work is an incredibly stressful place so it’s nice to just sit back with a cuppa and write/read things I am passionate about to help forget about the stress for a while.
6. Where would you love to visit?
I have a Bucket list of places I want to visit – I might do a blog on this if you would be interested – but up there at the top would be South Africa.
7. If you could be doing anything right now what would it be?
I would be abroad, maybe South Africa, learning about their culture, trying new food and delving into the beauty of the landscapes.
8. Whats your favourite drink?
Diet Coke, without a question. (I’m trying to cut down, but it’s just too good)
9. Whats your favourite thing about yourself?
My favourite thing about myself is my abs. Even though they may not always be as defined as I like after one too many McDonald’s, I seem to have built a good base there that I can bounce back fairly quick.
10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I see myself travelling. I’ll have finished university by then and I want to take a year out before I settle down.
11. Whats your favourite restaurant?
My favourite restaurant is Nawaabs. A local Indian in Aberdeen, Scotland. If you like Indian, I’d definitely recommend.
And onto the next set…
- What is your favourite drug store brand?
My favourite drug store brand would probably be Rimmel. I use a lot of Rimmel products on a daily basis and I have never had any issues.
2. If you could only use 3 makeup products ever what would they be?
I would choose the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in Fair, I’ve used this for probably nearly 6/7 years now and I couldn’t imagine using anything else. Also, MAC Velvet Teddy – it’s a staple nude matte lipstick I think everyone should own and my trusty Collection Extreme 24 Hour Tip Eyeliner – this is another product that I’ve used for 6/7 years and I’ve never found another I enjoy as much. (Maybe my favourite drug store brand in Collection…)
3.Do you prefer matte foundation or dewy?
Up until recently, I’d have said matte 100% but I’ve been enjoying a dewy finish day-to-day and I leave matte for going out when I don’t want to appear shiny in photographs.
4. Holy Grail eye-shadow palette?
I’m going to say Urban Decay Naked 2. It’s got all the perfect, ‘naked’ shades for someone like me who isn’t allowed to where too much make up to work but it also has some darker shades to cover my evening looks.
5. Do you have any siblings?
Yes, I have a younger sister called Hannah.
6. What is your favourite perfume?
I love anything by Marc Jacobs, I’m not fussy.
7. What is the animal of your choice?
Either tigers or elephants. I’ll get to see elephants up close when I go to Thailand in June, I cannot wait. Oh, or penguins!
8. What is your favourite genre of movie?
I really enjoy psychological thrillers – anything to do with the mind and how someone thinks/behaves is incredibly interesting to me.
9. Do you like painting your nails?
My job doesn’t allow painted nails, however I enjoy them being painted; not painting them.
10. Who is your favourite celebrity?
Tom Fletcher (McFly). He’s a great role model for anyone. Chased his dreams, successful, amazing husband and father and just seems like such a genuine guy.
11. Are the Kardashians overrated?
Oh definitely, but that doesn’t stop me liking them.
There we go! Now I get to nominate 5 bloggers:
The questions I would like you to answer are:
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- Who are your inspirations and why?
- If you could only pick one fashion/beauty related item for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What would you name your autobiography?
- Where is your dream holiday destination?
- What is your dream job?
- What is your spirit animal?
- What is your favourite film?
- What is your favourite fashion brand?
- What is your favourite food?
- What is one thing you love about yourself?
Thanks again to Liv and Kaylin!